It’s the quality inside us, our inner quality, rather like water inside a water bottle that is the communicator of how we are, or, our state of being.
Our being is naturally still, aligned within and ‘being still’ we can observe rather than speedily react with hasty emotions from finding ourselves that “fraction out”. It’s about no longer opting out but opting in: Opting back in to living that original quality of us we’ve been steering well clear of – stillness. It’s about us re-committing to what needs to be committed to: ourselves and every single aspect of our life, work, rest and play.
What is well-being?
▪ Wellbeing becomes a way of living and working that supports great care of the physical body and how we treat it
▪ That through our body we learn about ourselves, our feelings, and how we are relating to define how we relate to others too
▪ It’s about learning to react less and be less emotional because when we’re less emotion-driven we are steadier and more confident
▪ It’s about being aware of and dealing with what may upset, irritate or hurt us
▪ It’s about understanding. An understanding that becomes a personal and life-long study where we afford ourselves the time to stop and the space to feel how we feel
Well-being is the palpable sense of settlement in the body
When we make it about re-connecting to our whole body and the awareness of what we are feeling inside our body and from this make active choices that support the inner being we learn to live “together as one”. We get to feel a sense of wellbeing that grows the more we choose to live in reference to our original inner quality – our stillness.
Author: Zofia Sharman